Saturday, December 5, 2009

More of China - Suzhou to be exact


Ni Hao People - Getting to know China a bit more. Did you know that although Christianity is not the main religion here, and they don't really celebrate Christmas, there is a ton of Christmas stuff all over Suzhou. I am sitting here right now humming to "Santa Claus is coming to town...Santa Claus is coming to town...Santa Claus is coming to town..."  Too funny but kinda driving me nuts, I think the same 10 songs have been playing all afternoon.  I can't decide if I fit in here or if people are used to seeing me already in the same places - they stopped laughing and pointing at me. Some cool things I wish we had in America, the cool timers at all the intersections for the cars. You know how in the states (listen to me, I've referred to my homeland as "the states" - weird), any way. In the states we have timers at some of the Pedestrian signs. Well they have it for the cars. Yesterday I was in a cab and I swear dude took a nap at the light. Why not he had friggin 75 seconds to wait. He even turned the cab off! The other cool thing is that everything is lit up, like the freeways and bridges. It feels like a big DJ party or something. It always feels like something is going on. Kinda cool! Oh and this is too funny too - there are always fireworks going off here. Yea day and night, always. Apparently it's legal to buy and just shoot them off. I don't even notice it anymore, but at first I would run outside to see them.  Yea dorky, but come on, who doesn't like fireworks???!

Been working crazy hours, so I am beyond tired. This is picture of the room, the war room for the project. This room gets hot and LOUD. I love how hard people work here. My Taiwan-based consulting team rocks! They are awesome and so polite. And they respect the "boss" - that's me. Funny that I am a "boss" if they only knew I still laugh at my own farts and play with legos...Shit, I said that outloud huh? 

Funny thing - look at this picture. When I first got to my room, I was like dude where's the power button. Well they require you to put your key in the slot so that the room gets power. SMART- this is so jack asses don't walk away from the room with lights and TV on. I've never done that before.

I miss my sports. I get to watch tons of football, and by football, I mean Soccer. Thank God for Rome downloads!


Anyway back to work people...Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment